My Life

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Evolution Of Child

The evolution of children over the last 20 years has amazed me. I personally think that all children are sliding back in a time warp and turning back into monkeys. Monkeys are smart, however they obviously lack all of the intellect needed to rule the earth.

Monkeys and kids. So different, yet so not different.

When did it become ok for children to rule the household? When did it become ok for a child to tell the parent or adult what to do? When did it become ok for a child to have an opinion in adult conversations?

WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO NOT SPANK OR PUNISH A CHILD?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to go out and beat a child or lock them in the attic. That would be wrong. But when did the big white line that separates the child from the adults get blurred, stepped on and ignored?

Where did the fucking line go?

When did it become appropriate to be "friends" with your children instead of being a parent? I firmly believe that kids have enough friends that they socialize with. A parent is a parent, that's it. Friendship comes later in life in a parent/child relationship. You can't be a buddy and still expect to hold the reins of authority. It just doesn't work. Doesn't work, doesn't work, does not work!

When i'm out in a store somewhere and I see a child throwing a hissy fit, the first thing that comes to mind is, "Why don't they swat his ass?". Why are people in society so horrified over a child getting a swat or two?

I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS!!!!

Do you want to know how many tantrums I threw when I was a child? I'm talking in public or at home?

NONE!!!

My brother and I did not throw tantrums, because we knew what the boundry was. The line was perfectly clear to me when I was a child. I knew what the consequences were. For every action, there is a reaction. Throw a fit, you get a spanking. I wouldn't have been threatened with a spanking, I would have gotten one. There was no "threatening" what would be done to me if I did wrong. It was an instant action. No ifs, no ands, no buts. Just action. One of our local police officers was in a Wal-Mart a few months ago. His young son started to throw a fit. He gave him a pop on the butt and he stopped. Some stupid fucking woman in all of her outraged glory had the nerve to step up to him and start yelling at him for disciplining his child. What he said (or rather yelled) to her was classic............"That's why your fucking kid is going to wind up in prison!!". Needless to say, the woman shut her mouth and walked away. Clap, clap, clap and an award for him.

My parents were not my friends, they were my parents. I did not become friends with my parents until I left for the Army at the age of 19. Some of the things that I say to them now, the things we laugh and joke about......I wouldn't have dared to say to them when I was younger. Again, big line that didn't get crossed. I knew better.

If I would have dared to tell my parents that I had "the right to my own opinion" (as the 11 year old brat told me on Sunday), I wouldn't have been able to speak or sit down for a damn week. I knew better.

I'm definetly the hard ass in the relationship with my redhead, brat and brats mother. If I say he's grounded for a week, then he's grounded for a week. There is no "Oh, its been 2 days and you've done so good". Bullshit!!! What is that teaching? What kind of adult is he being molded into? I don't believe in letting children rule the roost. Kids need guidance. They need discipline, rules, limits and love. They also need a swat on the ass when needed.

For any parents reading this that are horrified at what I've written.........well, fuck you!!!

Fuck you and don't come crying when your kid winds up in prison getting a different kind of spanking from a big old corn-fed bubba!!

Don't spare the rod and the child just might wind up being productive, respectful and not a parolee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Amen, sista!

I seriously don't know how you do it. When I'm out there for just a few hours, I have the urge to swat his ass or pop him in the mouth no less than ten times at a minimum.

Kudos to you for hanging in there.

But like I told you before... you're just as guilty as doing the "threatening" as the Redhead and the CuntingWhore is. That child needs to know where the boundaries are and what lines you do NOT cross. I am in shock at times over how he speaks to you - I would have gotten treated to the same discipline you did as a child if I dared speak to my parents like that.

The Brat has been getting his way for so long, that even if you guys actually started enforcing things NOW; it would take a while for his behavior to change. But his parents need to step up with you NOW before it's too late, period.

He'll rebel and defy and do all of the things that children do when they've been spoiled little asses for so long that they no longer give a shit where the line is because nobody has ever made him toe it. But give it six months and you'll see a change in his attitude and everything else; IF ONLY his parents would step in too.

But look on the bright side. If they don't do something now with you - then in five years, he'll be in military school and you won't have to put up with his shit for the last two years that he "has" to live at home.

I know. I know. I am ever the optimist! Haha.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marriage relationship

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all Nice page reesetk.blogspot.com! Thank you!
tramadol
http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html tramadol [url=http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html]tramadol[/url]

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

condo for rent maryland

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home