My Life

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Kids Deserve A Beating

Would you like to know what I saw when I walked into my home this morning?

My "girls" (Ok, they are yellow labs, but I don't have kids of my own, so cut me a break!) were hunkered down on the floor not looking at me. This only occurs when they have done something wrong. If they are both doing it, I know it's something really bad!!

Boy, was it bad!

Apparently after the redhead left for work, they decided that it would be a good idea to use the couch as a chew toy.

That's right, a fucking chew toy!!

My couch now has a 2 foot section of material torn to shreds right smack dab in the middle. On the front. NOBODY could miss seeing it!

The stuffing was chewed up and the material was torn to shreds. I couldn't even figure out a way to try and piece it back together.

Needless to say, I was so mad that I called them names that no self respecting lab should ever be called. They also got a few smacks and got tossed into the pen outside.

Dirty little slutty bitches!!!! Bad, bad, bad, baaaaaaaaaaaad fucking dogs!

In the middle of me yelling at them, my dad comes walking out from the guest bedroom to see what they've done. Mom and dad got here 4 days before surgery to help me out while I recovered (what a blessing they have been!).

Do you know what my dad's first response was?

Dad........"You need to get rid of them."

Me.........."What?"

Dad........"I would get rid of them!"

Me.........."Uhmmmm.........so if a kid does something bad, you get rid of them?"

Dad........."I'm serious, they would have to go"

Me..........talking to myself in my head.........."Oh my God!!! Get rid of them? I love my spoiled rotten dogs!!! Yes, they did something really bad, but to not have them? No wonder I have so many issues! Get rid of them, my ass!!!"

Me.........out loud..........."I don't think so. They've been punished and they know they did something bad. My dogs aren't going anywhere."

Dad........."Do what you want."

Me..........."Yea, I think I will."

Get rid of them?

Hint to parents.................When you say dumb things, you need to keep this in the back of your head at all times..........

Be kind, because it's your kids that get to pick out your nursing home.

3 Comments:

Blogger SuvvyGirl said...

LOL You sound like me with my animals. My animals are my children. Minus the two big dogs Chloe and Zoe. They're more like foster children. Or step-children since the Husband brought them home.

You oughta see what my cats have done to my couch and two chairs.

If you're anything like me your "girls" got cuddles and secret apologies for what you called them. :P

9:55 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

You are the world's biggest softie when it comes to your dogs!!

Your dogs are NAUGHTY for doing that and you were right to punish them...

...so how many doggie treats did they get after you got done being mad at them and started feeling bad for spanking them? Haha.

Don't get me wrong - I love your dogs; I just wish they loved me a little bit, uhm, less!

Guess it's going to be time to get new furniture when you tear out the carpet.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home